Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Buy your own damn pictures.

Disclaimer:  I know.  I KNOW.  I've been gone forever, but I was inspired to blog today so shut the hell up.

Pictures.  They are everywhere.  School pictures.  Baseball pictures.  Soccer pictures.  Dance pictures.  Swimming pictures.  Family pictures.  Halloween pictures.

I'm sure there's tons more pictures of your children you've had taken, whether or not you have wanted to.

And they all get taken by some fancy photography studio.  And you have to choose what package you'll buy before you even SEE these pictures (unless you go to JCPenney, which I highly recommend) and hope that your kid is smiling, not picking his nose, not having three hairs stand up, or some other similarly horrifying thing that makes a bad picture.

And these packages??

Are RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE.

Why am I paying $8 for a 5x7 I pay $2 for at Walgreens?

Because you have to.  I mean, what kind of mom are you if you don't spend ridiculously amounts of money on posed pictures of your kid in various stages of life?

And that's fine.  I coughed up the $31 for the smallest package of baseball pics of PJ, along with a magnet.

But all you people?

"Oh I want a picture!"

"Can I have a picture?"

"So cute! Which ones for me?"

THE ONE YOU PAY FOR, ASSHOLE.

I come from a small family.  The only pictures my mom handed out were to my grandma, who we lived with, who took care of me, so of course she was entitled to a picture.

And I don't mind getting one for my MIL, because does a lot for us.

When my mom was alive, she'd pay me for the pictures she wanted.  Because she wanted copious amounts of pictures.

I married into a big family.  You want a picture?  Order one. Pay for it yourself.  Scan mine.  I don't care.  But I'm not ordering extras so you can put a $3 wallet in your wallet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.