Monday, June 4, 2012

A PSA

This morning, PJ asked for toast.  Our toaster is in the basement because is our small ridiculous kitchen there's no place for it.  I went downstairs to make it, both kids trailing behind me.

I get upstairs. PJ is upstairs, and slam.

I turn around.  He closed the door on Maggie.

I go to open the door.

He locked the door.

From the side that Maggie is on.

And she can't open locks yet.

Cue the freaking.

I start yelling.

PJ starts crying.  Scared as shit.  Yelling "MAGGIE MAGGIE!"  (I feel bad I scared him but i was scared too!)

I find a screwdriver.

I take the doorknob off.

I can't get to the lock.

The tools are all in the basement. 

I frantically search for a small flat screwdriver.

I find one.

I unlock the door.

Maggie is smiling.

So, my friends, your PSA is this:

Do not let your 3 year old come up stairs in front of your 20 month old if there is a lock on said door.  Oh, and taking off the doorknob won't unlock the door.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I'm so glad you were able to get it unlocked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have totally lost my shit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have freaked out!! Glad you were able to get it open!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.