Friday, July 20, 2012

hello, old friends, if you're still here.

It's been awhile.

I haven't felt like writing much.  I've been dealing with my mom's death and dealing with issues in my marriage.

I'm hoping to make a comeback.

PJ and Maggie are wonderful and amazing.





Maggie says more words everyday. Her big thing now is "my turn" and "I help."

PJ loves to yell "NEVER!" when we ask him to do something (see Lightning McQueen, Cars 2, when (SPOILER ALERT) Mater is trying to get away from him because he has the bomb on him).

They are both very much aware of my sadness.

If I cry for any reason, PJ will come up to me, take my head in his hands and say,

"You sad mommy?"

I usually nod.

"You miss Grandma?" 

I nod again.

"No sad Mommy.  I miss Grandma too. She's in heaven."

The ache and hole in my heart gets bigger everyday that passes without my mom.  I didn't know we'd say goodbye so soon.  I think back to my bridal shower, my wedding, the birth of my son.  I would have laughed or hit you if you told me my mom wouldn't make it to his 3rd birthday.  To my 5th wedding annviersary.  To her 56th birthday.  To her 18th wedding anniversary.

The hole will never be filled. 

But I have two wonderful, amazing, sweet, unbelieveable children.  That remind me that my life is more than worth living.  That remind me that no matter what, there is always something for me to come home to, something for me to get up for, something for me to smile or laugh about.  They show me that you can find happiness in sadness, you can find love in anger.


I love you, PJ and Maggie.

And you Mommy.  I love you and I will never, ever, stop.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Lisa. My heart aches for you. I can't imagine the grief and pain you're feeling right now. It's only natural and you should grieve. I know it'll get easier, I just don't know when. I do know it's not something you "get over"; rather you learn to incorporate it into your life and you find a way to put one foot in front of the other. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering about you. It takes time...just so much time. Big, big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just going to email you yesterday...I thought of you when I heard Miranda Lambert's "Over You" on the radio. I am still keeping you in my thoughts friend--sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking of you. Sending you hugs and much love.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.